20060828

A forgotten reminder...

A sudden turn of events in my life has had me thinking often about my past...

Here goes an anecdote of one of those hardly recollected, but never really forgotten memories...

_____________________________________________________


15:20 hrs: Just ten minutes for the last hour at school to get over... I had an appointment today at 16:30 hrs... Was really not looking forward to this... but I had to... It had been made clear to me that unless this appointment was kept up regularly, I would have a tough time at school (like that would make me look forward to having these appointments) I hate the way my Geography teacher "sang" her lectures... I was seriously considering complaining to the cops about my school having Geography (of all the boring subjects) for the last hour...

15:30 hrs: The wait is over... Its finally that time of the day where I put school woes behind me... Head to the ground and treat myself to a wonderful game of cricket with my classmates. Ooops... The appointment...

15:40 Hrs: I screech to a stop at the house gates on my tattered Hero ATB Cycle... The poor thing could have screamed in agony... But alas... No voice there... Thankfully... I felt a strange buzzing sensation in my head...

16:20 Hrs: I'm ready for this appointment... Dressed just about casual, feeling fresh after a quick bath, I was almost impressed with myself for managing to look lookable (I know this is not right usage, like I cared)... While on the surface, I wanted to run away from this faster than the roadrunner could have even imagined running from the coyote, deep inside, a strange feeling stirred in me... It almost felt like... Why was I smiling???

16:22 Hrs: On my way to this appointment, I happened to pass the ground where my friends, as usual, were spanking the ball marked with our school principal's name on it... The pleasure it gave us to just batter a ball with her name on it... was simply sadistic...

16:25 Hrs: A quick reflex, a brilliant hand-eye co-ordination and an even quicker transmission of the same to the bat sent the ball gliding across the rooftop of the tallest building near the ground... SIX.... Two more followed, on fresh balls (no puns intended here, but the reader is free to imagine)...I was the hero of the match...

16:35 Hrs: That strange buzzing sensation in my head, and I can't recollect what else, reminded of how I had imagined this evening was going to be very boring...

THE APPOINTMENT... I just raced, my cycle gave up all thoughts of screeching and screaming, I had kept it busy rolling... Tour De France, was not very far away...

16:40 Hrs: I find myself at the doorstep of a medium sized apartment... The person I was going to see had a dubious reputation of being unforgiving and mean... and I was not keen on seeing a demonstration of the same...

Panting and puffed out, sweaty and haggard, looking absolutely unlookable (I said, I don't care about the usage)... I rang the bell furiously, like ringing the bell like that would justify my being ten minutes late...

An ordinarily dressed, shy looking girl answered to my desperate ringing...

GIRL: Yes?

ME: Has Rekha miss come?

GIRL: No... Not yet...

Me: Oh... Thank God...



That, was the last time I played cricket on that ground....

1 Comments:

Blogger Gino Abinash said...

Isnt it strange feeling… To recollect, how, where and when .. one met a person, UNEXPECTEDLY in one's life… And this person… goes on to become an integral part of one's life…. But then , one meets many ppl at various stages in their lives… It’s the choice one makes, to notice them or not… Sometimes.. you sit with a person on the same bench in the same classroom for TWO WHOLE years … and you don’t feel a thing.. But after 10-12 years.. you meet the SAME person…. Feel the magic…. And you start thinking,,,,, “How did I miss noticing YOU?”

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home